Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Allow me to introduce myself...

I got so excited about starting up my blog that I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Sheena Louie and I was born in Lexington, Kentucky in '86. I moved to Vancouver when I was about 3 years old and have grown up here ever since. I currently live with my boyfriend of 3+ years and am fortunate to be in such a loving, committed relationship.

I've always been a shopaholic but never really knew it until I got my first job and could start spending the dough...and as the clothes, bags, makeup, and accessories starting piling up, it hit me - I am a shopaholic! I love to compare products and I will go through several different brands to find the best one. I won't deny it, I'm in love with the hunt of finding those deals and amazing products...and I want to share my findings with you!

Aside from blogging, I am currently taking on an Administrative role at an office Downtown. (I'm quite excited to see all the festivities of the 2010 Olympics during my lunch break and after work!) I have also just begun my quest to becoming an Event Planner! I am actually very excited about this venture; if you have any suggestions on where I should start out, please let me know. After going through a few jobs, and attending a life course called the Pursuit of Excellence (it really changed my life!), I finally realized where my passion lies - in Event Planning. There is so much about organizing/managing an event that makes me want to be a part of the process. I've organized many fundraisers and with each success, I feel a surge of gratification. It's an awesome feeling.

On my spare time, I like to paint my nails, watch TV series (currently watching Scrubs), read novels or gossip magazines, and go shopping! My favourite hobbies are dragonboating, working out at the gym or in my living room, badminton, playing video games, online shopping, partying...and in the next month, I will start designing my scrapbook.

I started up this blog to spread the word about amazing deals and must-have products. I had been wanting to do this for months but was always a bit nervous about starting up...until I attended the Pursuit of Excellence Seminars. There, I was taught to get past my comfort level and take the steps towards success...and now here I am, blogging. The pay off? I feel amazing every time I submit a post and share my knowledge with the rest of you! Just by taking this one step in life, I've put a bigger smile on my face and have given myself something new to be excited about each day. I intend on using the tools I learned from the Pursuit seminars in many other aspects of my life.

Lastly, I want to thank you, my readers, for visiting my blog every now & then. I hope you will be able to get something out of my daily posts...and don't forget to share what you find with your friends too!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Sheena! ;) I also enjoy Dragonboating and going to the gym! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw good luck on your new blog and reaching your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere Sheena! :)I found you through makeup mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh welcome, blogging is such fun you will love it :)
    I am addicted to watching tv series on dvd too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, found another Canadian blog. Welcome! Makeup Mama sent me, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice meeting you Sheena! I have a best friend named Sheena and I graduated from the University of Kentucky. LOL Good luck on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww hi Sheena! I still want to visit Vancouver lol. Just dropping by to say hello and I can't wait to read more of your tips and tricks<3

    My name is Cindy!

    Take care!<3
    xox

    ReplyDelete