|Epic Hair Fail|
So back to shoulder length I went! This time around, I'm taking good care of my hair, doing a hair mask 1-2/week and using a hair & scalp revitalizer 2-3/week. Both of these products I sell with my vegan skincare business and I LOVE them! I haven't gotten a single split end since, and my hair is growing faster and healthier than ever.
I am always interested in learning more techniques to growing strong and healthy hair to speed up the process even more...especially since I just got highlights and made my hair more prone to damage again!
Here are my favourite 10 tips (some simple, some daring) on how to keep your hair healthy and help it grow faster! You can view more on the source link at the very bottom of this post.
- Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks | You want to cut the dead ends off, just 1/4 inch will do!
- Get hot oil scalp massages | You can do this at home using a drugstore-bought hot oil treatment, and your hair will feel thicker, softer and longer.
- Apply egg whites to make your hair grow faster | Egg whites have been known for their healing properties and their ability to replenish hair and restore its softness and shine.
- Drink water for healthy hair | 6-8 cups of water/day will do the body good! It'll not only help your hair but also your skin, energy level, etc.
- Don't skip on protein-filled foods if you want your tresses to get longer | You will see a huge difference in quality of your hair as well as the speed in which it grows (fish, eggs, meats)
- Conditioner treatment | You can either request the treatment in a salon or do it at home with any natural hair treatment (like the Seasource Hair Mask from Arbonne).
- Essential Oils | Make your own mix using 3 drops of lavender oil, 3 drops of rosemary oil and 2 drops each of thyme oil, cedarwood oil and jojoba oil. Or if you're lazy like me, use what you have! I'm going to use the essential oils from my Awaken Sea Salt Scrub, also from Arbonne, or the Silk Infusion Oil from Chi.
- Grapeseed oil is another way to make your hair grow fast | Give yourself a grapeseed oil scalp massage every night and you'll see a huge difference!
- Use natural hair products to make your hair grow faster | I'm lucky that I've been "Arbonne-ized" and don't need to worry about what's in the bottle. It's all natural and good for me!
- Never brush your hair when it's wet | That is when your hair is most vulnerable and most likely to break. I've been following this tip for just 2 days and my hair already feels softer!
Source: http://hair.allwomenstalk.com/natural-remedies-to-make-your-hair-grow-faster/ (Thanks, Pinterest!)