Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hair Care, If You Dare

Here's my hair story:  All my life,  I had flat long hair that I did nothing with.  A few years ago, I decided to try a bob, when I was in a hair model for Farouk in their hair show!  It was fun, but I missed my long hair and because I didn't take good care of my hair, it took FOREVER to grow out to below shoulder length.  Earlier this year, when my hair was finally long enough to go into a braid, I was forced (yes, I considered it as FORCED) to chop my hair short again.  See the picture below?  I had asked him to show my blonde through a bit more and in my head, I was thinking peek-a-boo style, something subtle.  It was anything but subtle!  Partially my fault because I wasn't specific and didn't show him an example of what I wanted...but STILL, it was a horrible cut regardless.

Epic Hair Fail

So back to shoulder length I went!  This time around, I'm taking good care of my hair, doing a hair mask 1-2/week and using a hair & scalp revitalizer 2-3/week.  Both of these products I sell with my vegan skincare business and I LOVE them!  I haven't gotten a single split end since, and my hair is growing faster and healthier than ever.

I am always interested in learning more techniques to growing strong and healthy hair to speed up the process even more...especially since I just got highlights and made my hair more prone to damage again!

Here are my favourite 10 tips (some simple, some daring) on how to keep your hair healthy and help it grow faster!   You can view more on the source link at the very bottom of this post.
  1. Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks | You want to cut the dead ends off, just 1/4 inch will do!
  2. Get hot oil scalp massages | You can do this at home using a drugstore-bought hot oil treatment, and your hair will feel thicker, softer and longer.
  3. Apply egg whites to make your hair grow faster | Egg whites have been known for their healing properties and their ability to replenish hair and restore its softness and shine.
  4. Drink water for healthy hair | 6-8 cups of water/day will do the body good!  It'll not only help your hair but also your skin, energy level, etc.
  5. Don't skip on protein-filled foods if you want your tresses to get longer | You will see a huge difference in quality of your hair as well as the speed in which it grows (fish, eggs, meats)
  6. Conditioner treatment | You can either request the treatment in a salon or do it at home with any natural hair treatment (like the Seasource Hair Mask from Arbonne).
  7. Essential Oils | Make your own mix using 3 drops of lavender oil, 3 drops of rosemary oil and 2 drops each of thyme oil, cedarwood oil and jojoba oil.  Or if you're lazy like me, use what you have!  I'm going to use the essential oils from my Awaken Sea Salt Scrub, also from Arbonne, or the Silk Infusion Oil from Chi.
  8. Grapeseed oil is another way to make your hair grow fast | Give yourself a grapeseed oil scalp massage every night and you'll see a huge difference!
  9. Use natural hair products to make your hair grow faster | I'm lucky that I've been "Arbonne-ized" and don't need to worry about what's in the bottle.  It's all natural and good for me!
  10. Never brush your hair when it's wet | That is when your hair is most vulnerable and most likely to break.  I've been following this tip for just 2 days and my hair already feels softer!
Which tip are YOU going to try this week?

Source: http://hair.allwomenstalk.com/natural-remedies-to-make-your-hair-grow-faster/ (Thanks, Pinterest!)

3 comments:

  1. Great Post....This post contains very significant ideas and facts that every reader should be followed. Great idea indeed!
    Bridal Makeup Indore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good tips, good luck with your hair journey.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your blog, it means a lot for me,, very interesting, I've like to follow,, could you please visit our website,, thanks in advance Online Medicine Delivery in Dehradun

    ReplyDelete