Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Review: L'oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup

My apologies for being so MIA lately!  The week just flew by for me...but mainly because I've been sleeping in too much which throws off the rest of my day. I'll go to the gym or run some errands and then have to come home and nap because the oversleeping made me tired! haha Vicious cycle.  But recently, my boyfriend's family & mine have combined to do a Fitness Competition where we have to eat well and workout to reach our fitness goals.  Mine is to lose 2-4lbs, gain a lot of muscle strength, improve my cardio & get super toned for the summer!  So, I'm trying to wake up early to workout w/ my boyfriend and that'll help me get a lot more things done in my day...such as job hunting, blogging, starting my scrapbook and cleaning house.

So, today I'll be reviewing L'oreal's True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup.  It has SPF 17 Sunscreen, is oil-free and comes w/ a sponge applicator & mirror.  I purchased this from Target for only $2.68 USD!  It sells for much more in Canadian drugstores (I'm guessing over $10) but I lucked out at Target because they had a ton of random items on clearance.  Not all the colours of this compact where on sale but the one that matched my skin was!




Pros:
  • Great packaging
  • I like the size of the compact and that it comes w/ a sponge & mirror
  • Wide range of colour choices to match every skintone
  • Easy to apply, I use this makeup whenever I'm in a rush
  • Blends smoothly
  • Velvety feel, non-greasy & non-oily
  • Lightweight
Cons:
  • Sponge applicator needs to be replaced every 5-8 uses otherwise it doesn't blend well
  • Staying power isn't very strong
Overall, I love having this compact makeup as a backup for days when I'm in a rush.  I don't even need setting powder because it leaves my skin velvety rather than sticky.  Also, the thing about having to replace the sponge applicator pretty often is no biggy because they're so dirt cheap and I could probably even try using my foundation brush to apply the product!  I'm so happy I bought this and will be keeping it in my makeup collection.

On a side note - did you guys hear that Sephora now has a Tokidoki line?!  Okay, most of you in the States have probably heard (because you lucky bums get all the good stuff first) but it only came out in Canadian stores last Wednesday.  I visited Sephora earlier this week to ask for foundation samples and saw the gorgeous display.  I loooooove the artwork, the vinyl toys & I have a bunch of the tshirts.  You can imagine how excited I got when I saw their makeup!  I will be purchasing the liquid eyeliner, an eyeshadow and maybe their shimmery bronzer in the near future.

Also, if you're wondering about which foundation samples I'm going to be trying out, I asked for two - Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 14-hr Retouch-free Oil-free & Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet and Matifying Foundation.  Both received amazing reviews for their staying power and quality so we'll see which one works best w/ my skin :)

Alright, that's all for now!  Don't forget to enter yourself in my Lashes & Lips Giveaway!  Deadline is April 30th.

4 comments:

  1. Great Post! :) I love your reviews... and YOU! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Sounds like an overall good product. Have you ever had dust stuck in the compact? I guess it happens with these types products, but I can't help but wonder if it's going to break me out. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review!!! :D You got it at a REALLY cheap price. It costs AT LEAST 15 bucks here in Australia :( Even drugstore here costs heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this powder too:) but my one's upper cap got broken after few use. i had't even dropped it:O

    ReplyDelete