Ardell Flare DuraLash
- only $9.99 USD from Target
- full, yet natural look
- easy to apply
- you have the choice of how long/dramatic you want to make it - you can choose from 3 different lengths and choose to put them all across the eye or just on the outer edges
- starter kit supplies you w/ everything you need and will last for a long time
- if it's not applied w/ the right amount of glue, it will fall off
- when it falls off, it's embarrassing having a clump of lashes land on your cheek or missing from your set of lashes
Ardell Regular DuraLash
I used about 12-15 regular lashes on each eye for this look and I used every length - short, medium, long. The long is probably about 13mm because it's comparable to when I got extensions professionally. As you can see from the pictures, my lashes don't look as full as they did with the flares.
- only $9.99 CDN from Winners
- less embarrassing if one of these lashes fell off onto your cheek
- more customizable since the lashes are separate
- comes with more glue & adhesive remover
- slightly more difficult to apply and angle lashes the right way
- you have to apply a lot of lashes to get a full, thick look
To sum it ALL up, I like both but for different reasons! I like the flare lashes because they were much easier to apply and give a fuller look...but I like the regular lashes because if one were to land on my cheek, it'd be less embarrassing than a clump of lashes sitting there or missing from my lash line. The regulars were significantly more difficult to apply but because they are lighter, they will stay on better. Both styles have their pros & cons so it's really about personal preference. Hopefully I've helped you see which one would be more of what you're looking for! Either way, you will end up with long, gorgeous lashes!
How long do they last? To be honest, it depends on a bunch of things.
- How well you apply it - if you use enough glue, if it's stuck onto your natural lash properly
- How careful you are with them - don't rub your eyes, wash eye makeup off carefully, use oil-free products & makeup remover